Friday, January 27, 2012

Yoldy

The thing I love about Yoldy the most is her voice. She always yells at me from a long way off. So I know when I hear someone calling "Miss Eda!" from a hundred yards away it's Yoldy. Unfortunately, Yoldy was born with turned out feet, lacks knee caps and she only has the use of one eye, but despite all of that she gets a long just fine. She is really resourceful, which sometimes gets her into trouble. I think I pray for her the most of all my students because I cannot imagine the life before her. However, I know God has her future planned and I am excited to see where she goes. Today, she told me she had a bad day, so I asked her to try and think of three good things that happened. She told me "breakfast, and snack and lunch." I raised my eyebrows at her and she said, "and my teacher!". I mentioned she's really resourceful, right? She knows how to flatter. She has a good heart and great patience. If you ever visit Canaan you will find her one of the easiest kids to talk to. Before Christmas, I gave my kids awards with verses that remind me of them. Hers was Romans 5:3-5. She has great endurance for one so young and I am blessed to spend seven hours a day with her.

1 comment:

  1. Yoldy sounds like a very special girl! I wish I had the opportunity to meet her, but reading about her will have to do! Keep up the entries! Amelia and I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete